Johnson, 31 U.
Vector - Birthday cake with fifty candles
And many more of the same sort. Here and there, however, you will happen on phrases that mean something to the layman; that indicate, behind the barrier of legal verbiage, the presence of a flesh-and-blood human fighting for his freedom—for his very life. Piece these phrases together and you may be able to reconstruct the scene in the courtroom that day in , when a lean impassive Chinaman of thirty stood alone against the great American nation.
In other words, Chang See v. I say he stood alone, though he was, of course, represented by counsel.
Poor Harry Childs—his mind was already beginning to go. It had been keen enough when he came to the islands, but the hot sun and the cool drinks—well, he was a little hazy that day in court. He died long ago—just shriveled up and died of an overdose of the Paradise of the Pacific—so it can hardly injure his professional standing to intimate that he was of little aid to his client, Chang See.
Chang See was petitioning the United States for a writ of habeas corpus and his freedom from the custody of the inspector of immigration at the port of Honolulu. He had arrived at the port from China some two months previously, bringing with him a birth certificate recently obtained and forwarded to him by friends in Honolulu.
Mostly, though, it is a book that will delight Biggers' many fans as they trace the origins of Charlie Chan. Though partially set in Hawaii, this novel predates Biggers's popular Charlie Chan mystery series. Here attorney Mark Drew travels from Hawaii to the underbelly of fog-shrouded San Francisco to solve a murder. Along with the puzzle, there is a little dash of romance to keep the plot moving. Copyright Reed Business Information, Inc.
- Top Stories.
- Fifty Candles;
- The Duke is Mine: Number 3 in series (Fairy Tales).
- Investing in things that matter!
- Store Information.
- Philosophy, its History and Historiography (Royal Institute of Philosophy Conferences).
Convert currency. Add to Basket.
Condition: New. New Book. Shipped from UK. Established seller since Seller Inventory IQ More information about this seller Contact this seller.
Fifty Candles - McSweeney’s Internet Tendency
Language: English. Brand new Book.
Seller Inventory APC Delivered from our UK warehouse in 4 to 14 business days. Seller Inventory I Items related to Fifty Candles. Fifty Candles.
- LItalia dei secoli doro - Il Medio Evo dal 1250 al 1492: La storia dItalia #3 (Italian Edition)?
- To report this review as inappropriate, please complete this short form..
- So können Sie Demenz vergessen!: Was das Gehirn schützt und was ihm schadet! (German Edition).
- True Ghost Stories and Yes Aliens Exist.
- El teatro y sus enemigos (Edición de la Biblioteca Virtual Miguel de Cervantes) (Spanish Edition).